Alisa just called and confirmed: WE ARE DOING THE TRIGGER SHOT TONIGHT! For those that don't know what this is....here's a quick explanation. All the hormone shots I've been taking were creating follicles in my ovaries, making the follicles mature, and producing estrogen. SO, I'm all crampy and bloated because I have so many mature follicles...the Trigger shot (which is given through the muscle) will force my ovaries to release the follicles. On Wednesday, our fertility doctor will take all those follicles out and make our magic "brew". A couple days later, our doctor will transfer those fertilized eggs back to me...and we wait to see if we are lucky!!! :)
Alisa told me that I had 6 mature follicles on the left and 5 almost mature ones on the right...there are still 10 that are in the maturing process. SO...I don't really know how many they will take out on Wednesday!
MORE GOOD NEWS: My estrogen level shot up to 2037!!!
MORE GOOD NEWS: The ONLY shot I have left to take is this Trigger. NO MORE Lupron, Gonal F or EVIL Menopur. :) :) :) :) So, I just really have to get through this big shot. If you are interested in what is going to happen to me tonight, check out this website (training video for the Trigger shot). http://www.shadygrovefertility.com/ Go to RESOURCES. Go to VIDEOS. Go to the bottom and click on the box that says "Click here for Injection Training from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy." And click on HCG and it will show you the training video. If you're interested in the other shots, we took: Lupron, Gonal F Multi dose and Menopur
I have another acupuncture appointment today, so she'll need to get me all relaxed for this BIG shot.
We'll be getting a call sometime around 6 tonight with our exact time for our Trigger and our Retrieval time for Wednesday! :) I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HERE!!!!
I'll update more after the Trigger. :)
16 years ago

2 comments:
Just got off the phone with you, but had to write anyway. Lots of love and luck tonight - tell Kris to hit the right "spot"!! I know it's been tough going, but, big smiles are nice (I know you both will have them), but small smiles are AWESOME!! Hope the acupuncture relaxed you, I am sure it will. Talk to you later,
Love, Mama Nodi
Forgot to tell you - MIX THAT SPECIAL "BREW" JUST RIGHT........
Goofed on the name too - this time it's right ......
Post a Comment