CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Feeling like a big fat cow who ate a watermelon big enough to feed a family of 23

So, I am two days into the "feeling like a fat cow" phase of the IVF cycle. I am so bloated and crampy from all the follicles...I am SOOOO uncomfortable.

Well...we did get good news from the doctor today. He said I'm responding very well to the treatments. He said I should be on track for an egg retrieval on Thursday/Friday. At this point, we don't want my body to create any more follicles...he just wants the follicles to get bigger.
The follicle size needs to be 18...and my largest one is 12. He said the cramping and bloating will continue to intensify until the retrieval...so he basically told me I needed to deal with it. :( He did tell me I could take Tylenol and use a heating pad to help...the heating pad does help a little.

The good news continued when Alisa called me. They have reduced the dosage for my two evening shots!!! The EVIL shot was cut in half!!!! :) So...I'm pretty happy about the medication change. In addition, my estrogen level is doing GREAT! It jumped up to 608!!! This is GREAT!

Anyway...we go back for more bloodwork/ultrasound on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen:
The bloating I am sure, is natural - we are so proud of you both for everything "YOU" are going through. Our "LITTLE PIN CUSHION" is truly spectacular !! Glad the evening shots were reduced - Just remember all the moods and frowns will soon be great big smiles. We love you both so much !!
Love, Mama and Papa Nodi

Jen said...

Thanks Mama and Papa Nodi!!! :) ...and welcome to the blog world!! ;)