CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Me and the Menopur are ENEMIES!

Ok...so OFFICIALLY: I detest this Menopur shot. I can't figure out how to give this to myself without hurting! Today, I was done with the GonalF shot in seconds with no problem. When I went onto the Menopur, I got half the dose in before the pain was so bad that I pulled the needle out (quick reaction). Kris had to change the needle head again before we could attempt to give the rest of the dose. But even then-it really hurt. I don't know what's going on what that shot....but it's EVIL.

Tomorrow we have another bloodwork/ultrasound appointment to check my progress. I am anticipating an increase in medication again. I'm hoping that I can get some answers about why I'm struggling with this stupid Menopur shot...

On a health note, our acupuncturist suggested I start drinking protein shakes because I'm not getting enough. So, we'll be sampling our first home made protein shake tonight. I'm hoping they aren't too yucky!! I am going to mix it with fruit juice and some fresh fruit. Perhaps it'll be a yummy treat!

2 comments:

Baby Kry said...

Dave and I have been doing protein shakes for a long time now. We use the EAS 100% Whey Protein. They taste pretty good and you can continue with them when you're pregant. I am sorry that shot is giving you so much trouble. I remember one of then being hard to push in. Try warming the medicine between your hands before you give it. I know when we had to do the Progesterone in Oil shots once pregant it helped to warm them. I would ask the nurse tomorrow. Just an idea. Hopefully you won't have to increase since you are having such a great stimulation! Keep growing follicles. Remember I only had two total follicles and we now have Alayna! Keep going strong..you're doing great!

Jen said...

Thank you Kate...your support has been invaluable. I hope Alayna is feeling better and we look forward to talking to you soon!!