Well, today was an interesting day. I had a MAJOR problem with the Lupron this morning. I picked a bad place to inject this morning. I tried to get the needle in and it hurt, so I pushed harder-then a bad word or two escaped out of my mouth. Then I started bleeding...this is BEFORE I actually gave the shot. So, we had to disinfect everything again before trying the shot again. I did get it in, but it burned. I thought Lupron and I had made friends...so today was extra disappointing.
On top of that, because of my needle problems-we got out of the house late and hit traffic on our way to DC. We made it about 10 minutes late.
Our appointment....good and bad. BAD: They drew my blood and it 1)hurt and 2)bled a lot. GOOD: Our actual doctor did the ultra-sound today and he was really happy with what he saw. My right ovary had 12 follicles and the left had 8. He said that now we have to make sure they grow larger and not keep increasing. Alisa, our nurse coordinator, emailed me this afternoon to tell me that my estrogen level shot up from 53 to 232. This is very good.
I'm waiting for Kris to get home so we can do these two shots last night...but I'm dreading them.
16 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment