CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

31 weeks

We are in the single digits!!!!  Only 9 more weeks to go!!!  :)  Although....neither Mama or Papa Nodi think I'm going to make it til May 30...

This was the last week of playing piano and I can't wait to see what difference that makes on my hands.  My hands are just so swollen and painful!  I'm pretty low-moderate with my sodium and drink LOTS of water, so I can only think that it's the excessive amount of piano playing that has inflamed this.  I've spent a couple nights and afternoons in tears because it hurts so much.  Thursday, choir festival, was a pretty long day-but all 6 of my groups sang well!  Friday morning, however-I woke up in tears because my hands were so swollen and hurt so bad.  I hope that this will subside a little now that I'm done playing piano until after delivery.

Friday night, I learned 4 really important things:
1.  I am a bad baker
2.  While it seemed like a good idea in the beginning....blue cake actually looks pretty darn gross.
3.  I wish I had paid more attention in art class...because when you mix yellow cake mix and blue food coloring-you DEFINITELY get green.  And then when you add green food coloring to help make it darker...it definitely turns into a very weird color.
4.  Despite how gross the cake looks....I still ate it...and it was good. 

Saturday night I learned ONE IMPORTANT THING:  I must make a cake like this for the Final Four and the National Championships because OBVIOUSLY my cake inspired WVU to spank Kentucky!!!!  And BTW, @#$)(*@#@!( you referees, Cousins, and Wall!   

Heartburn reared its ugly head this week.  I'm SURE it wasn't the enormous amount of horseradish sauce I ate with my pork chops, right?  The Tums with calcium did very little to help...so I"m trying to avoid some of the foods that made it worse.  And to eat foods that help more.  Would anyone call me a liar if I said that cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and ice cream are foods that help you avoid heartburn and help soothe it?  ...anyone?  ....going once.....twice.....

Well, this little one is definitely on more of a schedule these days.  She naps at relatively the same time every day, wakes up about the same time.  And...is the most active at the same times each day.  I love anticipating her movements...although some of them are wicked painful.  I've also started experiencing the Braxton-Hicks contractions.  They don't hurt, but the first few really freaked me out.  We start our birthing classes on Monday so I hope to learn more! 

Nursery Update:  Here's a picture of Kris' blueprint of the closet design and then a picture of what the closet will sorta look like when done:
Mama and Papa Nodi came to visit this weekend!  Kris and Papa Nodi spent their time working on the closet construction.  Click HERE to see more pictures of the closet construction.  We are up to Phase 11 and 12.  Teri and I went to Babies R Us and ordered the furniture and will be moving it into the nursery in 3 weeks.  So...Kris has 3 weeks to finish the closet, install the fan, put a door in the room, and steam clean the carpets.  No pressure, eh?  Kevin and Bridget surprised us with a visit!  They came up after the VICTORIOUS WVU VICTORY!  Kev helped John and Kris with the closet...and even gave Kris an opportunity to use his new 3 ton jack to change Kev's tire! 

Gram and Pap had to take some time to talk to the baby during all the construction!
I had an emotional moment while we were in Babies R Us getting the furniture.  I know I'm pregnant...I see that I'm pregnant...but it all seems kinda surreal.  When we were buying the furniture and looking around at clothes it hit me that I was going to be a mom.  I was going to have a baby.  It was really happening....I started crying.  I'm just so excited and happy. 

OK...so we also had a funny moment at Babies R Us.  I was sitting down ordering the furniture when I realized I was really thirsty.  Teri went to the front of the store and bought me a bottle of water. When she came back, she gave me the water....and handed me a gift receipt just in case someone questioned me about the water.  Did you catch that?  THEY GAVE HER A GIFT RECEIPT FOR A BOTTLE OF WATER.  We laughed about that for a while!  Do you think the would let me exchange it for a better looking bottle?  Or, how about a bottle in a different size?  Perhaps a different color? 

Here is a week 31 picture.
 

0 comments: