On Tuesday, I was sitting at a rehearsal and our little one started kicking (no real surprise there). But...I looked down at my tummy and I saw it MOVING! She was kicking so hard she was making my shirt jump! I wasn't sure I was seeing it correctly so I asked a student to look at my tummy (from maybe 6 feet away) and she saw it too! AMAZING! Then later that night, Kris got to see her kicking up a storm! We were both awe struck with how strong those movements were!
On Wednesday, I wore my maternity support belt for the first time. I had done my volunteer time at World Hope and was walking around and on my feet for most of those 4 hours...the brace was amazing! It really helped out!
David, from BarkBusters, came on Thursday to help us get Oreo ready for the baby and to help us with a couple things we were concerned with. It was a great session! David was very happy with how well Oreo was doing! Oreo was very loving with him, letting him pet him, giving him kisses and sitting next to him! I got a few new things we're going to work on-but he told us we were doing all the right things!!!! It's just so unbelievable to see how far Oreo's come! For anyone needing a good training program, I highly recommend this company. They are located all over the country.
I've totally been spoiled this week!
~On Saturday, Alli brought over some Costco goodies...we sometimes split some groceries. AND...she brought the cutest little butterfly outfit for our little girl!! I just can't believe that in just a little while she'll be here and IN those clothes!!!!
~Then on Sunday...Alli rocked my world. She made this Kit Kat Cake. It was a chocolate cake, with chocolate icing, with berries on top, apricot preserve over the fruit, and kit kat bars on the side of the cake. OMGOSH....she is my baking goddess! I now dream in chocolate!
~On Tuesday, Evie called me and asked me to Skype with her! That was sooooo special for me! We Skype fairly regularly, but SHE initiated it! I LOVED it!
~On Tuesday, (one of my previous North Point students) Aly and her mom Dana came over. I'm helping Aly get ready for a vocal competition. It was sooo great to see them and chat! AND...they brought me some treats: Chocolate Chip Cookies (OMGOSH...yummmm), and two cute maternity shirts! I wore one of them on Wednesday and the other for a concert on Friday! They are awesome! And...some hair bows for our little girl!
~Wednesday, I received a card and a package in the mail! A card from Mama and Papa Nodi! They are sending me on a shopping spree for new clothes! ...I think they might be bothered with my belly shirt that I had to cut the sleeves off of. :) AND, the Markowski's sent us a sweet package! They sent us lots of stuff...but one of the gifts that hit us like a ton of bricks was the pink WVU onesie! It still hits us pretty hard that we are actually having a baby! Our little girl is going to be wearing that onesie! Amazing...
Nursery update:
Kris has been really busy with the baseboards...He's got so much to do and has been working really hard! Friday night he found a little trick with his saw that has made cutting the angles in the baseboards easier! He cut some amazing angles! On Saturday, Kevin came over to help out! They were able to cut the rest of the baseboards and get them fitted together! ...and they caused the normal amount of Nodi ruckus in the process. :) Today, Kris painted the baseboards and got them nailed in! YAY!!!! Click HERE to see more nursery pictures. We are up to phase 9.
Baby news:
She's been kicking a TON! She's on a more regular waking/sleeping schedule. This morning, I put my belly up to Kris' back and he felt her kicking him! :) Tomorrow I'm going in for my 28 week check up, which will include my glucose test.
Here are week 28 pictures!






0 comments:
Post a Comment