So...I left a little before 8 this morning and was very happy to see that the morning "rush hour" wasn't too bad to Annapolis! I got there, driving the speed limit, in under an hour! I went to the office well equipped! I brought my new book "Not Without Hope", a bag full of two full water bottles (20 ouncers), banana, roll of wheat crackers, and a Kudos bar. I knew I was going to need to eat as soon as the last blood draw took place.
- At 8:58, She drew my blood to get a baseline reading...that wasn't too bad at all.
- She gave me the glucola drink. That was simply nasty. It was double the concentrate/sugar as the one I took last week AND she timed me. I had to chug it in under 5 minutes. The whole time I thought I was going to throw it up!
- I waited an hour in the lobby. I realized about 10 minutes in that my feet didn't touch the ground if I sat correctly in the chair so I was VERY uncomfortable. At 10:02 I went back for my second blood draw. This one came out of my right arm. Well....this was evil. This is the arm I'm having trouble with (carpal tunnel and swelling). Somehow the skin was tougher, or something, on that arm. The needle hurt so bad going that I, involuntarily, screamed. Horrid....
- At 11:02 I went back for my third blood draw. This went into my left arm. Apparently, I was getting so dehydrated that my veins weren't working properly? She got the needle into the crook of my arm and couldn't get any blood. She started twisting and turning the needle WHILE IN MY VEIN trying to get some blood. That didn't work. So...she had to discard that needle. She then went into the vein in my forearm. Oh My Gosh...that hurt. I thought I was going to cry....seriously though, I've really built up a tolerance to needles after all the IVF stuff...so you can imagine how much that must've hurt. I almost passed out and had to stay seated in her chair for about 10 minutes before I could move.
- At 12:02 I went back for my final draw. By this time. I was pretty faint. A couple nurses had to check on me before this final draw. She had to use the vein on top of my left hand....which wasn't pleasant but hurt way less than the previous two.
- I went back to the lobby, drank an entire 20 oz water bottle and ate a banana.
- I headed over to the mall and got a coffee and a blueberry muffin. I also ate half the sleeve of wheat crackers and headed home. I was feeling pretty yucky from the nausea and the faintness and knew I needed a BIG feast to return me to normal! Soooo......
- Alli and Kellan met me for brunch at IHOP. I have never eaten so much in my entire life. I ate:
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 3 pieces of toast
- 3 pieces of sausage
- 3 pancakes
- breakfast fruit bowl
- tall glass of OJ
- Now I'm home and in desperate need of a nap. The lab
butcher...oops I meant the lab tech said I should get the results tomorrow so I hope that everything is fine.
I'll post the results when I get them....now it's nap time for me and Oreo!

2 comments:
What an ordeal! I'm so glad you were able to get home and get some rest and eat a well-deserved feast.
You poor thing! I am glad it is over and will be praying for great results (which i am sure they will be. Wow! That was a ton of food..haha..you deserved it!
Post a Comment