Kris is losing it...
1. His memory has always been great...but in these last few weeks he can't remember a thing! For example....today he had to come home from work to help me with the stupid smoke detector. He also realized he had forgotten his softball spikes at the house so he was going to grab those. After he fixed the smoke detector, he sat down and chatted with me for a few minutes telling me he needs to grab his spikes. After that, he heads back to work. He is on the main road headed to work when he realizes that he forgot to grab his spikes. So, he turns back around to come home. Then...he realizes that his spikes were in his bag...in his car. I've tried to encourage him to write everything down (since that's the ONLY way I'm staying half way organized) but he keeps forgetting! It's so funny! It's hilarious to watch him come downstairs from the nursery to do something....but he forgot why he came downstairs! HA! He just has this dazed and confused look on his face more and more these days! ...and our little girl isn't even here yet! :) Hee Hee Hee...
2. His ADHD is running on high. Did you see that episode of Modern Family where Phil was tasked with helping Lucas complete his school project? During this episode, he kept getting distracted. As soon as he focused on something...something else would grab his attention....and the pattern continued. This is TOTALLY Kris. Click HERE to watch the episode. Today, for example, he came home to fix the smoke detector...and got distracted by the fridge. I didn't realize until after he went back to work, but in the 10 minutes he was at home he managed to take all the food that was old out of the fridge.
I'm on overdrive....
I've been exhausted for weeks...and all of a sudden I got this burst of energy yesterday. More than that...I got this intense urge/need to start cleaning the house. Now...if you know me...you know that I hate cleaning...especially detailed cleaning. But...yesterday and today I couldn't deny this need to clean! So...
Yesterday: I cleaned (dusted and disinfected) both living rooms, the dining room, our bedroom, the kitchen, vacuumed our bedroom, organized and filled out a bunch of paperwork, made stuffed peppers, and baked white chocolate chip brownies.
Today: I have vacuumed the entire downstairs, done 9 loads of laundry, organized one of our utility drawers, and completely disassembled and cleaned the fridge. I believe the next target is going to be the kitchen floor. :)
16 years ago

3 comments:
First of all - I LOVE Modern Family! One of my favorite shows!
Secondly, usually one gets a burst of energy right before baby comes :) There is a joke in my house that my mom always got so invigorated to clean that she dusted the spices just a few days before I was born!
Thirdly, wanna come to my house? - there's more than enough cleaning and laundry :P
Someone's nesting!!! My mom also scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom the night before I was born!
Post a Comment