CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

32 weeks

8 more weeks!!!!  :)  I'm so excited! 

I wanted to share a couple pictures from our doctor's appointment on Monday.  :)  Sorry Kris...  :)
We waited in that room for about 30 minutes before our doctor came in....so you KNOW I got bored and then got silly...and I started goofing around with the doctor's toys! 
I have two new cravings.  1)This AHHHMAZING bread dipping spice blend. I can't stop eating it with french/italian bread. Oh my gosh...yummmmm... All you do is grind the spices and add olive oil. 2) Subway whole wheat sub with banana peppers, spinach, onions, olives, green peppers, and mayonaise.  yummmmm...I can eat a foot long by myself.... 
I had the BEST day on Thursday!  Alli, Kellan and I went to the National Harbor for the afternoon!  The weather was perfect!  We walked around, had some treats, ate some lunch and enjoyed the sun.  This was the most activity I have had in a looooong time.  It felt great to be out in the sun and walking around with the two coolest people!  I had a couple "OMGosh" moments though.  :)  I would walk by a reflective store window or large mirror and glance at the huge person I saw...and then I'd realize it was ME!  hee hee hee!  We started our adventure by getting a cupcake at Cake Love...it was tasty, but a little hard.  After walking around the pier, some shops, and at the Gaylord we ate lunch at the Ketchup restaraunt (the Ashton Kutcher restaraunt)...definitely overrated.  I think Alli waited 30 minutes just to get a glass of water!  The french fries were really good, though.  :)  Then we finished off our visit with a yummy ice cream cone at Ben and Jerry's!  We sat on the pier and enjoyed our treat.  :)  When I got home, I passed out for 2 hours.  I was 100% non functional when I got home...

On Friday, I launched my final website.  I've decided to stop designing sites for a while...at least until I get a handle of what life will be like with a precious little one (and because my carpal tunnel and swelling hands hurt so bad when I'm attached to the computer). It's much simpler than I'm used to...but that's what she wanted!  :)  Check it out: THE GROOM ROOM 

Then on Saturday, Kris got to "play" with the baby!!!  He stayed in bed a little longer than normal, and she started moving around like crazy!  He would press on my belly and she would return with a kick, punch, or movement.  It was awesome!  They had some nice bonding time!  After we got home from some errands, I ordered the crib mattress and changing pad!!!  OMGOSH!!!!!  I can't believe that all these things are getting done! I already drafted our "who to call" list for when we go into labor and the checklist of what to pack/bring to the hospital.  I'm going to schedule a couple appointments with some pediatricians in the next two weeks to find one that will work for us, too....soooo exciting! 

I attempted, for a second time, to make blue and gold cupcakes/cake to support WVU against Duke!  They didn't turn out great...but they are much better than my last attempt!  I'm posting this before the end of the game...so I don't know if my bakery skiiiils will help or not. 
Nursery update: The closet is almost done.  Kris took a half day off on Friday and we got to work together in the garage!  We worked Friday and Saturday.  I helped hold some of the wood and helped put banding on the pieces he cut!  It was fun!  We are up to Phase 13.  Click HERE to see more pictures!  And I need to confess something....when Kris told me he wanted to build this closet organizer thingy, I thought it was a great idea!  It looked complicated but simple all at the same time.  Well....I still think it's a great idea, but I no longer think it's simple!  I had NO idea what was entailed in building a closet.  I had no idea how many steps there were!  Coming up with the measurements, measuring and cutting the pieces of wood (and by the way-it's not as simple as just cutting the wood.  There are numerous steps you have to follow to have a clean cut that is balanced), banding the edges of the wood, sanding, polyurethaning, sanding again, repeating many of the previous steps, constant measuring and leveling, I'm sure I'm still missing many steps...and seriously: did you know how many DIFFERENT tools are necessary for EACH ONE of these steps?!  MY GOSH!  Kris is amazingly patient and knowledgable.  I cannot believe how much work he has put into this closet.  For SURE-there was nothing simple about this project!  And I just can't believe this is his FIRST real carpentry project.  The closet is already flawless looking!  In addition to the hours he is putting into this project, he still works 40+ hours a week, exercises, did the taxes, helps me with house stuff, takes time to read his book, AND takes time everyday to spend quality time with me.  Man-I married well!  :)

This has nothing to do with the baby...but can you vote for some friends of ours?  They are entered in this cool contest for their wedding.  It's easy and free to vote for them.  If you can, click HERE to vote. 

Here is a week 32 picture and a funny picture!




0 comments: