Just about 7 more weeks to go!
On Easter Sunday, we enjoyed a nice BBQ with my parents and my grandmother's sister, Aunt Oris! Here are some pics from our wonderful day! :)
This week:
1. The crib mattress was delivered!!!
2. The changing pad was delivered!!!
3. I ate 2 FULL orders of french toast from IHOP by myself. And, while I was there...something funny happened! It was a really hot day, in the 90's I think. Well....it might as well have been 200 degrees with how my body gets all overheated. The temperature inside IHOP was (I'm sure) normal and comfortable for all the other diners. Well...I was hot...I didn't want to say anything so I just started fanning myself. My waitress and the manager saw that I was doing that and that I was pregnant and they turned down the temperature in the whole restaraunt! I didn't even ask them to do that! In fact, I told them that I would be alright as is... Well.....they turned it down so much that other diners started complaining. The manager's response was "well there are several other diners who were overheating". Seated at the table next to me was a little boy (maybe 9) who had pneumonia and was freezing...I felt horrible and amused at the same time that the manager preferred to make me comfortable! How interesting...
4. I got to spent the whole week with Kellan! :) We even went for a walk....and....5. I discovered that I do not have any shorts that fit me...so I had to improvise my outfit when I took Kellan for a walk...these are Kris' boxers....
6. And...I started to have contractions on Friday afternoon! I felt pretty yucky the whole day, but then in the mid afternoon I started cramping in my abdomen and lower back. Chad and Alli brought some dinner over for me so I didn't have to worry about that...and then they checked on me very regularly. I'm not sure I could've gotten through that night if they weren't checking in on me as often as they did. Alli suggested I call my doctor, so I did...and she told me to start timing my contractions. If I had 5 in one hour I needed to come in. She also said that cramping isn't uncommon, starting at week 35....she told me to drink more water and stay off my feet. Honestly, I don't know how she expected me to drink more water. I drink well over 72 oz of just water (not including OJ, V8, or coffee) every day. Anyway...so I did drink more water...and pee MORE water. But...eventually the contractions slowed down. They were at 20 minute intervals around 6 pm,by 2 am (Saturday morning) they had slowed down to 1 an hour, and then by 7 am they were not regular. It was a little bit of a scare, but I'm ok now. I'm just trying to stay off my feet and continuing to drink lots of water. I had a few contractions on Saturday, but nothing regular.
7. Kris got home on Saturday morning and I made sure he had a yummy treat to welcome him home! I made him peanut butter/chocolate candy and made sure I had coffee waiting!
Then....within one hour of Kris getting home from a week long trip and a red-eye flight, he and Chad began working! They tilled the garden and got it prepared for planting. Kris also finished the dresser for the closet! I do NOT know where he finds this energy! He's amazing.... Click HERE to see Phase 14 of the nursery construction. :) And, here's a picture of the completed dresser (he just needs to put the drawer fronts and handles on)!
8. Here are just a couple neat pictures I took while I was outside "supervising" Kris' construction work. :) It was such a beautiful day!
9. Here is a week 33 picture:













2 comments:
I always love reading your posts, because your personality just shines through. You make me laugh with just about every post. You look lovely, and hang in there with the Braxton-Hicks. They can get really intense. I can't believe how close it's getting to delivery time! Yay!!
It is getting closer and you're getting even more adorable!
Post a Comment