CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

35 weeks!!

Baby update: 
~This little one is hyper!  ...I wonder who she gets that from?  She is constantly moving...I can even feel her moving when I'm walking around and doing stuff. 
~I've had a rougher week with a couple nights of really bad back and abdominal pain.  It's getting pretty rough to walk around...I can definitely feel the pressure pushing down and my knees are killing me.
~I finished packing the hospital bag, the snack bag, and Oreo's bag.  :)  Everything is ready to go whenever it's time. 
~I did have a frustrating experience this week trying to get a darn nursing bra.  So....against my better judgement, I went to the Waldorf Motherhood Maternity to get measured for a nursing bra.  I had been told by their website and a sales associate that they will measure me and get me fitted for the right size.  Well...that was not true.  The person helping me was horrible.  All she did was just hand me bras to try on.  She didn't explain how they were supposed to fit, etc... and MOST IMPORTANTLY I did not know that I was supposed to get 1-2 cup sizes larger than I fit into now.  So...thinking I could do a better job picking a good bra size I head to JC Penney's.  The sales associate there was not interested in helping me...she was looking for something she misplaced and then completely left the department.  So, I was totally on my own.  Well, I found 3 that were awesome.  :)  They were so comfortable and fit me perfectly.  So, I bought them.  On my way home, I called my sister because I somehow felt something was wrong with my purchase.  She informed me that I was supposed to get a couple cup sizes larger.   I was ticked off.... later I talked to Alli and she told me the same thing.  Grrrr...... So, I had to return them the next day.  When I went to JCP to return them, the sales associate asked me if I wanted her to fit me for the correct size.  You can imagine my shock when I realized that the associate from the other day was supposed to have helped me.  @#$)(@#$)(*  So...we are going up to Annapolis Monday for our last birthing joke of a class early so I can go to the Motherhood Maternity store in the mall there where they are more helpful. 

Nursery update:  Poor Kris was sick for half the week.  :(  But, he did push through and got good work done in the nursery.  :) 
~We got our curtain rod for the closet curtains, but had to return the window wireless cellular shade because our window wasn't deep enough to accomodate it.  :(  So...we are back to square one in the window. 
~The dresser/changing table came in on Wednesday.  Chad and Kris picked it up on Thursday.  This furniture is beautiful....but strangely constructed.  The drawer rails are only attached by glue and one screw.  And the door on the dresser doesn't have a magnet or anything that latches it closed.  So...Kris had to add more screws to each drawer rail.  Other than that though...it's awesome. 
~He's been working hard on banding, polyurethaning, and sanding the closet shelves which look great. 
~He had to patch the bottom of the nursery door...I'm sure I'm going to say this wrong...but I guess the door is hollow except for the edges.  And, I guess when they cut the door down to fit, he cut out the bottom edge making the bottom hollow?  I dunno...anyway, so he added wood to that so it was more stable.  He also painted the door and is putting it up as I type this. 
~Currently, I only have a couple pictures to share, but probably by tonight, I'll have more.  So, check back and click HERE to see the closet curtains up, the door to the nursery up, and the shelves in the closet! 


Non-baby news: Despite Kris' exhausting schedule and recovering from the stomach flu, he was still able to participate in his first ever race!  He ran a 6K on Sunday morning and jogged the entire way!  He clipped 5 minutes off his expected time and had an amazing time!  The race was for a foundation that helped the Shipmans a lot with Kellan.  Click HERE to learn more about the race and foundation.  Also, click HERE to see pictures from the race!  Kris got to run in his brand new running shoes that he was fit for.  :)  He was looking forward to wearing his brand new running sunglasses (which were from Patty) but it was all rainy.  Here's a picture, though, of him ready to kick some butt!


Here's a 35 week pic:

3 comments:

Baby Kry said...

When i was nursing I fell in love with the nursing tank tops at target. They were awesome and just the other day I noticed they have more of a variety. I wore them all the time and didn't wear my other actual nursing bras very much.


Way to go Kris!!!

Alisa said...

Yay Kris! That rocks! I'm training for two runs myself.

Mountain Mama said...

Yes you do need a bigger size b/c when your milk comes in, they inflate like balloons! I remember being amazed that my boob made my baby's head look small!