WHEW! What a week! Monday and Tuesday was filled with me being a cleaning machine. Then...I hit a wall and could do no more. I can't tell if I'm sick or it's allergies, but I feel like poop. Thursday night/early Friday morning I got a case of insomnia. I couldn't sleep but I was so exhausted. I finally gave up at 3AM and went downstairs and surfed the internet. I just couldn't sleep, despite my eyes burning from exhaustion. Weird...
Friday, we had a big scare. I guess I had been overdoing it and I started to have some really sharp pains. I thought it might've been a UTI...so I called my OB and she wanted me to get some tests done. I didn't want to go all the way up to Annapolis just to pee in a cup...so I made an appointment with my general doctor, Civista Women's health. The pains continued to increase through the day, and I finally got to get those tests done at 4 PM. It tested negative...and then the scolding began. I HATE Civista Women's Health and will NEVER go back there again. They just started saying that I shouldn't have come to them, they can't treat me...I should've gone to my OB. I tried to explain the distance factor for a simple test, and they kept saying, "You made the wrong decision". Then, they started to make snide comments about the fact that I was feeling sharp pains in my lower abdomen AND I'm 9 months pregnant-duh, I was in labor. Well, how the heck was I supposed to know? It's not like I've done this before! #$)(%*#$%(* Anyway....so I called my OB and they wanted me to come up to labor and delivery. So...OF COURSE...the following events HAD to occur:
1. Kris' new tires came in, so he came home early to go to the shop and have them mounted and balanced (at 4:00).
2. By 4:20 ish, we knew that I had to go up to AAMC....Kris' car was not done. He was at the shop with it...his car is going to be the family car because it's a 4 door. Mine is a 2 door hatchback...
3. I get home, throw in the last couple things in the bag while Kris sorts out how he was going to get home. The people at the shop gave him a hard time and told him that if he left his car he couldn't get it til' Monday....
4. Alli, our regular hero, goes to pick him up...but Kris had already started home. He was jogging home on the side of the road when Alli and Kellan pulled up.
5. Kris threw all the hospital stuff into the back of my car which barely fit!
6. We dropped Oreo off at BSK and headed to the hospital
7. So...on a "bad day" it takes about an hour to get to the hospital. On a great, non-speeding day, it can take 45 minutes. On a great, slightly speeding day, it can take 35-40 minutes. What we experienced was a "HORRIBLE day". My pains are really bad at this point...and increasing. It seriously felt like someone was stabbing me with an icepick. And....we hit EVERY red light. Got behind EVERY slow driver. Hit EVERY accident. Traffic was awful. It ended up taking us an hour and a half to get there. Kris was doing his best to navigate around all the stuff....but traffic was just horrid.
8. When we finally got to the hospital, they hooked me up to some monitors, and did an exam. Turns out it was a false alarm. It ended up being a combination of Braxton-Hicks contractions and (what they think) was a pinched nerve in my lower abdomen/bladder, I was definitely not in labor. So....we got home around 10ish.
During this experience, I was surprised to learn that I was not ready to give birth! I thought I was ready and made jokes about it...but when we were thinking I was in labor I was upset! I kept thinking about all the things that we still needed to finish...all the things I still needed to do...and a weird feeling came over me: fear. All of a sudden I was feeling fearful of bringing home a baby! This was VERY surprising to me! I hadn't felt that emotion at all! I wasn't scared about the labor pains...I was scared about bringing her home! WEIRD....
But, while we were in the hospital...I was my usual silly self. :)
Anyway...I slept like a rock Friday night and am still tired today... But, Kris and I got up and did some errands. We got the window treatments for the nursery, and new curtains for the closet (we decided to change it up), got some extra stuff for the nursery. Kris put up all the shelves in the closet. Click HERE to see pictures of the nursery. Here is a video of our nursery. :)
Friday, we had a big scare. I guess I had been overdoing it and I started to have some really sharp pains. I thought it might've been a UTI...so I called my OB and she wanted me to get some tests done. I didn't want to go all the way up to Annapolis just to pee in a cup...so I made an appointment with my general doctor, Civista Women's health. The pains continued to increase through the day, and I finally got to get those tests done at 4 PM. It tested negative...and then the scolding began. I HATE Civista Women's Health and will NEVER go back there again. They just started saying that I shouldn't have come to them, they can't treat me...I should've gone to my OB. I tried to explain the distance factor for a simple test, and they kept saying, "You made the wrong decision". Then, they started to make snide comments about the fact that I was feeling sharp pains in my lower abdomen AND I'm 9 months pregnant-duh, I was in labor. Well, how the heck was I supposed to know? It's not like I've done this before! #$)(%*#$%(* Anyway....so I called my OB and they wanted me to come up to labor and delivery. So...OF COURSE...the following events HAD to occur:
1. Kris' new tires came in, so he came home early to go to the shop and have them mounted and balanced (at 4:00).
2. By 4:20 ish, we knew that I had to go up to AAMC....Kris' car was not done. He was at the shop with it...his car is going to be the family car because it's a 4 door. Mine is a 2 door hatchback...
3. I get home, throw in the last couple things in the bag while Kris sorts out how he was going to get home. The people at the shop gave him a hard time and told him that if he left his car he couldn't get it til' Monday....
4. Alli, our regular hero, goes to pick him up...but Kris had already started home. He was jogging home on the side of the road when Alli and Kellan pulled up.
5. Kris threw all the hospital stuff into the back of my car which barely fit!
6. We dropped Oreo off at BSK and headed to the hospital
7. So...on a "bad day" it takes about an hour to get to the hospital. On a great, non-speeding day, it can take 45 minutes. On a great, slightly speeding day, it can take 35-40 minutes. What we experienced was a "HORRIBLE day". My pains are really bad at this point...and increasing. It seriously felt like someone was stabbing me with an icepick. And....we hit EVERY red light. Got behind EVERY slow driver. Hit EVERY accident. Traffic was awful. It ended up taking us an hour and a half to get there. Kris was doing his best to navigate around all the stuff....but traffic was just horrid.
8. When we finally got to the hospital, they hooked me up to some monitors, and did an exam. Turns out it was a false alarm. It ended up being a combination of Braxton-Hicks contractions and (what they think) was a pinched nerve in my lower abdomen/bladder, I was definitely not in labor. So....we got home around 10ish.
During this experience, I was surprised to learn that I was not ready to give birth! I thought I was ready and made jokes about it...but when we were thinking I was in labor I was upset! I kept thinking about all the things that we still needed to finish...all the things I still needed to do...and a weird feeling came over me: fear. All of a sudden I was feeling fearful of bringing home a baby! This was VERY surprising to me! I hadn't felt that emotion at all! I wasn't scared about the labor pains...I was scared about bringing her home! WEIRD....
But, while we were in the hospital...I was my usual silly self. :)
Anyway...I slept like a rock Friday night and am still tired today... But, Kris and I got up and did some errands. We got the window treatments for the nursery, and new curtains for the closet (we decided to change it up), got some extra stuff for the nursery. Kris put up all the shelves in the closet. Click HERE to see pictures of the nursery. Here is a video of our nursery. :)
Here are some week 36 pictures:






1 comments:
Oh man, when it rains it pours! I'm glad the babe is still inside and hopefully she will remain there for a couple more weeks. But seriously, get ready. And good luck! :)
Post a Comment