CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

WHAT AN AMAZING CLASS!

YES! We had our breastfeeding class last night and it was awesome! This was a class worth taking! Our instructor was wonderful! She was organized, helpful, and presented a lot of great information! We learned soooo much and I'm feeling so much more confident about nursing! I had NO idea how much support was offered at AAMC for nursing moms! At AAMC, they make sure that nursing moms nurse for the first time within an hour of birth, the nurses have to check for a proper latch on every shift, lactation consultants are on duty 24 hours a day and are available to all new moms, and they offer free support groups and classes for nursing moms!

Today, we our getting some photos taken with our wedding photographer, Lynn Pines! :) We are going to the GayLord Hotel at the National Harbor to take some prenatal pics! I'm so excited! It's going to be hot today...but no rain and low humidity!

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

So glad you are planning on breastfeeding! I met someone who didn't even TRY it!

I have to be honest, it does hurt at first, but then you get used to it and it doesn't hurt after a week or 2!

Donna said...

I'm so glad you finally got to have a good class! Woo hoo!

I wish you the best of luck with nursing. It can be difficult, and it is not always the right or best choice for every woman, but I hear that it's pretty rewarding once you get into a good pattern. The first two weeks seem to be the most trying. Since you're you, I have no doubts you'll be a champ at it before you even get home from the hospital. :)