CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Those Shipman's know how to make them! :)

Today I got to babysit Kellan all day!  What an incredible joy!  I have been so excited about it!  And, he is such an amazing baby.  I was a little nervous about the diaper changes, feeding, and keeping the little man happy....but he is one easy going kid!  I was also interested to see how Oreo was going to do.  He's met Kellan before and was fine...but this was all day.... Perhaps this picture tells the story best:



Oreo was ALL about Kellan.  He kept coming up and giving him kisses and sniffs.  And whenever I would get up to leave the room, he would walk over to Kellan to protect him (I didn't feel comfortable leaving the two of them alone so I always called Oreo to me...but still...sweet).  This is a picture of Oreo protecting Kellan!

                          
Kellan was such an agreeable little guy!  I was cooking, so I put him in the high chair and moved him into the kitchen...he was happy as a clam! 

                                     

I was also able to complete 5 loads of laundry!  What a day!  I can't stop staring at him, but I'm forcing myself to get some work done.  :)  I've been listening to my NEW kitchen radio all day to a classical radio station and am feeling VERY relaxed!

This is how Kris found us when he got home!



On a completely unrelated note, we registered for our baby classes yesterday and are scheduled to start at the end of March!  I'm actually pretty excited about it...I'm sure the information they will cover is the same that I am reading about on-line and in the three pregnancy books I have-but I will feel so much more comfortable taking the classes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
We took every class we could and the best part about it was experiencing it TOGETHER. It was a way we could prepare for and think about Ellie's arrival as a couple. Definitely a bonding experience. We found ourselves talking about things we probably wouldn't have otherwise. SOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!!
Bethany