I can't believe we are almost done with our 2nd trimester!!! :)
This was a week of celebrations! We got to celebrate Bridget's 30th birthday at Vidalia Restaraunt in DC! :) And, we traveled to WV to surprise Teri as an early birthday present! We had lots of fun times in WV!
Kris and I have avoided baby clothes shopping because we knew we'd have a hard time walking away from all the cute outfits there are! Buuuuuut....on our shopping outing-the boys went to Harbor Freight and the girls went to Macy's. OMGosh...they have some cute clothes. I could have easily bought 15 outfits there. We had decided we wouldn't start buying clothes yet because we don't have anywhere to store them. But there were these two outfits I just HAD to have. They were "First Impression Asian Blossom" outfits. One was a dress and the other was a winter outfit. I was feeling very weak....so I called my mom (thinking SHE would help me regain control because certainly SHE understood that I needed some help with self control). WRONG. My mom just laughed at me and told me that the baby would need a lot of clothes! :) I told her I needed help with self control because it was too early for us to start shopping for clothes. Her response? Isn't Grandma with you? Ask her to get it! :) HA! I guess...TECHNICALLY she helped me gain SELF control...but now I know.... both Grandmas aren't to be called during (what I shall call: WMIS): Weak Moments In Shopping! :) We had to go back through Macy's to leave, after dinner...because of COURSE the bathrooms were right by the baby clothes. So...Gram Nodianos bought the dress I wanted so badly! They didn't have the winter outfit I wanted, but Gram Nodi said she'd look at another Macy's. Based on my mom's reaction and Teri's reaction to my WMIS....I know that our little girl will not be hurting for clothes!
I continue to grow more and more and have outgrown all but one sweatshirt of mine. I'm now on to Kris' clothes! I feel like my belly button might be getting ready to pop...it feels really spacious and weird! I've been doing more with stretching to help ease the pain in my back, but I haven't noticed a huge difference. Thankfully, Kris is an amazing hubby and he gives me a back rub when I need it. Our little girl has been kicking, punching, and rolling around more and more! The kicks and punches are getting so strong! Kris has been able to feel her more regularly and Teri was able to feel her this weekend! Some of the kicks even startle me! She kept waking me up last night with her kicking! :) I love it though...so she can continue to kick away! The ONLY thing that is tough to handle at the moment is when she starts kicking my bladder...she makes me have to go pee IMMEDIATELY! We had a mad dash at the mall to get me to a bathroom in time. :) Still, though...even that made me laugh!
Here's a week 23 picture.




3 comments:
I am not sure if Jen or Mr. Nodi wins the belly contast..j/k. I love that pic!! As for shopping..just buy it!! Even if they wear it only once, they looked cute that day! I still don't have self control and A. has a better closet of clothes than I do! Your belly is adorable.
Enjoy dressing that baby in every outfit you love...there will come a day when she gets a mind of her own and insists on being independent and dressing herself in some wild combination that will make you cringe!
Your little lady will definitely need lots of clothes, but it sounds like you have two grans to help with that. :) My mom went crazy with our first, and I swear that I'm passing on clothes to people that none of the four girls ever wore. lol As long as you're organized about it, you won't go too overboard. Btw, always buy an extra pack of onesies. Trust me. :D
Post a Comment