Busy week! I can't believe we are in our 3rd trimester now!!! AAHHH!! Just 13 more weeks to go...
Well, this week was a learning week. I got to babysit Kellan three days this week and I learned quite a bit!
- I learned that when mixing cereal, it is imperative to mix slowly or it will turn to liquid
- I learned that when feeding liquid cereal to a 4 month old, it will come back out of his mouth and go everywhere...
- I learned that when burping a baby, always ALWAYS cover with a cloth because you are going to be wearing his food.
- I learned that no matter how hard you try to help a crying baby, sometimes there just isn't anything you can do. That's heartbreaking...
- I learned that the smallest victories bring the greatest joy...after three days of trying, I finally got the cereal mixed and fed correctly.
- I learned that when a baby smiles at you, your insides melt...
Ok, baby updates:
She's moving like crazy! It sometimes even hurts when she kicks/punches me in more sensitive areas. I've also been able to feel those "knots" more often...which are her hands/feet. When I actually get to feel them I am amazed that those are her hands/feet! OMGOSH! I've started getting cramps in my calves these last few days....and experiencing what the internet describes as carpal tunnel in my right arm. In the morning and evening, my arm/hand starts to tingle and get numb. All the articles I read about it tell me it should go away after delivery...so I just have to deal with it for 13 more weeks.

Kris is busily trying to get ready for the phase of the nursery: cutting baseboards and building a wood storage system in the closet. In order for him to do this, he had to prime his workstation and put Polyurethane on the actual table part. He also reorganized the garage so he could move around better and get to work on the next phase of the nursery! The storage closet he is going to build will look something like this!
Saturday morning, I woke up to a very sweet puppy kissing my belly! My camisole had ridden up above my belly while I was sleeping, and I woke up to him licking my belly! :) So sweet. :)
Here is a belly picture..my shirt is pretty tight...I had to cut the sleeves off and you can see that it doesn't completely cover my belly! :) Also, here's a funny picture...







2 comments:
Yeah third trimester! Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel..what a bummer way to end your pregnancy. Hopefully it won't get to bad. The closet is going to be great..what a handy man you're married too!!
I am so impressed by the amount of work you're getting done on your house in such a short time. Those thirteen weeks are going to fly by, and we'll be seeing you posting pictures of your sweet baby girl before you know it. :)
Good luck with the carpal tunnel. My cousin had it with her first, too, and it went away pretty much by the time she and her daughter were home from the hospital. It's also a very common injury in new mothers, so be sure to use your forearms to support her more than your wrists and hands for the first few weeks.
Post a Comment