Today I ventured out of the house to go to the grocery store. We had gone last night but they were out of eggs, celery and bananas...so I went to a different grocery store. I got all my items and got in the massive lines. I knew it was going to be a wait, so I was prepared to be patient. I started to notice this woman in the next line over...she kept staring at me. I didn't recognize her, so I tried to ignore her. Then she got my attention and invited me to get in line ahead of her! I couldn't believe it...she was next in line, and I was still 3 people (LARGE shopping cartloads) back. I told her I was ok and thanked her. She pressed saying you're pregnant...you shouldn't have to be on your feet like this. Sooooo sweet. Seriously....I thanked her profusely and declined (because I didn't want to anger the people behind her and I was feeling alright). But...I was just truly touched that she made such a kind gesture to me!
To my fellow Waldorfians, my faith in you has...well...not really been restored or renewed-mostly just pleasantly elevated! To all those good Waldorfians out there: Keep on Keepin on...let's all hope for more kind people like that woman at the store. Sometimes it's scary to extend a helping hand for fear of it being bitten....but try anyway! Oh yeah....and to the snow plow man that took 3 days to get to us and then piled FEET of snow in front of our mailbox so now our mail has to be delivered to our neighbors-#$%)(#$ you. Love your neighbor everyone!
~Peace in the 'Dorf
16 years ago

1 comments:
If you have a moment, read this profile I did a few years back on a wonderful couple who still inspires me today to pay for the coffee behind me, give flowers away in memory of my mother on her birthday...or offer any other gesture purely for the love of mankind...
http://www.csmd.edu/News/newstorage/archive_2004/oct/Barbara%20and%20Richard%20Beers.htm
That wonderful woman in the grocery will remain in your memory for many years to come, and you will be inspired by her unselfish attitude....
Post a Comment