This week we've had a bunch of "First Times"!
On Thursday, Anne and I had an appointment with Becky from MILKY WAY (lactation consultant). The appointment was awesome. She weighed Anne and she was: 10 lbs 9.7 oz! WOAH! We learned that Anne has reflux and I do have hyper lactation syndrome. She gave us suggestions to help with both problems. I felt so much better by the time we left. She was very encouraging and informative. We are currently trying new nursing positions, which are soooo much more comfortable for both of us. I'm now on a block feeding schedule, which means I nurse only on one side for 4 hours and then switch sides. This will help get the right balance of sugar and fat in my milk. :) So far, this is working out really well. Anne slept great Thursday and Friday night. :) We will continue to try all these new suggestions. On Thursday, we also had our first restaraunt trip! Patty, Evie, Anne and I went to Einstein Bagel for lunch! I even had to nurse Anne while we were there...so that was my first public feeding! All in all, I thought the trip was very successful. :)
On Friday, we had our first mall trip! The four of us went to the mall to walk around. I decided to bring along a bottle so I didn't have to nurse there. So, I gave Anne my first bottle! Evie was kind enough to assist with the bottle feeding!
I also did my first public diaper change! The four of us piled into the family bathroom. While I was changing Anne, Evie went potty. This is when the chaos began. :) The toilet Evie was using kept flushing randomly, Anne started crying, then when Evie went to wash her hands-the cold water wasn't working so it was too hot for her, and then finally there were no towels to dry the hands so we used wipes! It was very comical! Later that night, Patty and I went out for a girls night! We had dinner at the Olive Garden while Kris hung out with Evie and Anne...they watched "Princess and the Frog." I also had my first glass of wine since....Bridget and Kev's wedding last August?
After we got back, I went to change Anne's diaper and she started sucking her thumb big time!
When we got home, I was changing Anne's diaper when she started sucking her thumb big time!
On Thursday, Anne and I had an appointment with Becky from MILKY WAY (lactation consultant). The appointment was awesome. She weighed Anne and she was: 10 lbs 9.7 oz! WOAH! We learned that Anne has reflux and I do have hyper lactation syndrome. She gave us suggestions to help with both problems. I felt so much better by the time we left. She was very encouraging and informative. We are currently trying new nursing positions, which are soooo much more comfortable for both of us. I'm now on a block feeding schedule, which means I nurse only on one side for 4 hours and then switch sides. This will help get the right balance of sugar and fat in my milk. :) So far, this is working out really well. Anne slept great Thursday and Friday night. :) We will continue to try all these new suggestions. On Thursday, we also had our first restaraunt trip! Patty, Evie, Anne and I went to Einstein Bagel for lunch! I even had to nurse Anne while we were there...so that was my first public feeding! All in all, I thought the trip was very successful. :)
On Friday, we had our first mall trip! The four of us went to the mall to walk around. I decided to bring along a bottle so I didn't have to nurse there. So, I gave Anne my first bottle! Evie was kind enough to assist with the bottle feeding!
I also did my first public diaper change! The four of us piled into the family bathroom. While I was changing Anne, Evie went potty. This is when the chaos began. :) The toilet Evie was using kept flushing randomly, Anne started crying, then when Evie went to wash her hands-the cold water wasn't working so it was too hot for her, and then finally there were no towels to dry the hands so we used wipes! It was very comical! Later that night, Patty and I went out for a girls night! We had dinner at the Olive Garden while Kris hung out with Evie and Anne...they watched "Princess and the Frog." I also had my first glass of wine since....Bridget and Kev's wedding last August?
After we got back, I went to change Anne's diaper and she started sucking her thumb big time!
When we got home, I was changing Anne's diaper when she started sucking her thumb big time!
On Saturday night, Kris had his first outing with Anne (all of us went). We went to dinner at Famous Dave's, and then went to the mall so Evie could enjoy Playtown and they all got Dairy Queen! :) Patty also walked into TWO PARKED cars.... hee hee hee!
Since Tuesday night, when Patty and Evie arrived, Evie has been an amazing cousin! She has helped change Anne's diaper, feed her, give her medicine, pick her clothes, pick and put on her bib, push her stroller, "babysit" and much more! She's more of a big sister than a cousin! It's been amazing to see Evie and Anne interacting!
BTW...I cannot believe how fast Anne's growing. She's already grown out of QUITE a few things!



2 comments:
What an exciting week! Happy for you!
Looks like you have had a busy week. Good job on breastfeeding out in public, that can be a tough one. I can't tell you how many places we fed with our cover. After a few months it got easier. So excited to hear about your lactation apt. wonderful news that it went well. I was a one side feeder too! We seriously had such similar experiences..kind of spooky!
Post a Comment