CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My baby is 1 month old!!!

The time is flying by!  She is smiling and laughing (at random times), she can hold her head up for at least a full minute, she tracks with her eyes and is interested in her surroundings, she is starting to play with the mobile toys, and she is slowly working through her yucky gas issues.  :(  She's quite a mover and is constantly kicking and punching!  She makes the funniest faces and sweetest noises! 

Today she had her 1 month check up. She weighed 10 lbs 1 oz.  She is 12 1/3 inches tall.  She is in the 50-75% for her weight and 50% for her height.  She got her second Hep B shot...MAN DID SHE WAIL!  :(

I can't believe how fast she is growing!  She has already grown out of some of her clothes!  There are a couple outfits she didn't even get to wear before she grew out of them! 
We are still working on the whole sleeping thing.  We tried a bassinet next to the bed...that didn't really work.  We tried swaddling her...she didn't like that.  We got a co-sleeper to put between us in bed...slightly better, but our bed isn't even because we have two different firmness' (we have a Sleep To Live bed).  Got a sleep wedge with a positioner...getting closer, but it doesn't work with the co-sleeper since the one we got is not really sturdy.  So, I got a new co-sleeper today that vibrates and makes noises. So, I put the sleep wedge in that today and she seemed to like it!  So...when Kris and Anne wake up from their little nap, I'm going to put her down in that for the night!  Hopefully we'll have a good night!  The funny thing is that she likes to just lay on the ottoman in the family room.  I don't know what she likes so much about it, but she'll settle down most of the time when we put her on that! 

Anne and I are doing a good job getting out and about at least every other day.  We've done trips with the stroller, with just the car seat, with the baby front carrier, and in the shopping cart.  I'm feeling pretty comfortable with outings now!  ...EXCEPT when Oreo is with us!  I had to take Oreo (and therefore Anne) to a vet appointment on one day and had to pick him up from a grooming appointment on another day.  That was CRAZY trying to handle a baby and our high maintenance dog!  YIKERDOODLEPIE!  Thankfully the girls at the vets office are wonderful and they helped me out.  :) 

There are pictures and videos of Anne (and some friends) on our site.  Click HERE to see them. 

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Do you mean 20 1/3 inches long?

Donna said...

I was wondering the same thing, Alisa. lol Jen, just do whatever it takes to get her to sleep for now, and work on the bed part later. My girls slept in their carseats for months before getting acclimated to their cribs. If it made them sleep, I let them have it. lol You're doing great, though. :)

Jen said...

HA! I meant 21 1/3 inches long! :) Guess I was more tired than I thought! :)

Thanks for the support. :)

Baby Kry said...

I love that she is growing so much. WONDERFUL! As for sleeping..it will come I promise. Mine never slept much the first 8 weeks and then turned into a champion sleeper she still is. As for the dog with the baby, yeah still haven't gotten the knack of that either.