Anne is growing so fast! I'd heard people tell me not to blink because I'll miss something...they are right!
She is quickly growing out of her newborn clothes and has moved up a size in diapers. :) She has stopped scratching her face (for the most part), so we've been able to leave her mittens off! Last Friday, she started gripping with her hands. When I'm nursing, she likes to hold onto my finger! Early this morning, she figured out how to put her thumb in her mouth! :) I've also noticed that when I'm holding her, she almost always puts her arm on my chest. :) She continues to do baby push ups and hold her head up...like she's done from just about day 3! She can hold her head up and turn it. Using her legs, she can turn and move her body when laying down. When being held, using her legs, she can push herself up and reposition herself. She is so dang strong! Friday was her first real bath. That was definitely a learning experience and I don't feel that we did all that great....very awkward. :) But...Saturday's bath went better and Sunday's was great. She likes the warm water and LOVES LOVES LOVES to have her hair washed! :)
We find it funny that Anne's favorite thing to lay on is our brown ottoman! She has a swinging cradle, a bouncer, 2 co-sleepers, a crib, and a bassinet. But...most of the time, all she wants to do is lay on the ottoman.
She is still struggling with gas but I think we have figured out what the problem is. I am pretty sure I have HYPER LACTATION SYNDROME and that's causing her unusual amount of gas. I have an appointment with a LACTATION CONSULTANT on Thursday to see what I can do about it. In the meantime, we have tried MYLICON DROPS which didn't do a lot...so we switched over to GRIPE WATER yesterday and that seems to be helping! :) I also think that some of the sleeping problems are tied to her gas issues because it keeps waking her up. After her first dose yesterday, Anne slept for 3 hours, woke up to eat and fell back asleep for another 2 hours! In addition, she has started eating more. I think as the gas is clearing out, there is more room for milk-so she is wanting more and more often. Unfortunately for ME, that meant hourly feedings last night. :( But...that's ok...I think we are getting close to a solution.
On a completely unrelated topic, our friend Katie found this AWESOME product. We aren't going to get it, but I did want to share this with my mommy friends. It's a NEWBORN ROCK N PLAY SLEEPER...I wish I knew about this before I started buying all these different co-sleepers!
My sister and niece will be here tonight and I can't wait to see how Evie and Anne interact! :) I had some fun with pictures yesterday...this is amazing!



1 comments:
Glad you are getting close to finding some answers. It can be very frustrating. I do remember when our little one had growth spurts, she would do the eatting all the time for a day or two. You guys are doing wonderful!
Post a Comment