CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 week check up

Anne had her 2 week check up today!  She is 20.25 inches long and weighs 8 lbs 5 oz!  They did another PKU test and we will get those results soon.  Other than that, our doctor said she was doing great.  She is having a little trouble with gas but our doctor explained that Anne was learning how to "expel the gas".  :)  So she showed us some techniques to help her "expel the gas" and Kris has been trying them all afternoon!  ...on Anne that is.  :)  She's making all these noises and I feel horrible for her, but there isn't much I can do other than help soothe her.  She will soon learn to be a burping and farting master!

She's on a fairly regular schedule:  sleep for 2 hours, eat for 10-15 minutes, pee/poop, and repeat.... At night, she usually gets a 3 1/2 hour snooze in and we get a little extra sleep.  Tonight will be the first night I'm kinda' on my own.  Kris is going to go into work tomorrow for a half day, so I'm going to do all the diaper changes tonight.  I'm feeling confident I can do it...I've already taken a nap today and am going to grab another one in a little while. 

Today Kris showed me how to use the car seat and stroller...and since I'm physically feeling good I may try to make a solo trip out of the house with Anne sometime in the next couple of days! 

1 comments:

Donna said...

It sure sounds like things are going well. Our first one had problems with gas at first, too, but she got the hang of it. You get pretty creative in your burping, though, I'm guessing. We sure did. :) Keep up the good work, and please keep posting pictures. lol Those of us who live far away (for now) love watching your family grow.