CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good doctor's visit

We had our 16 week doctor check up yesterday and it went well.  Somehow I thought I was getting my glucose test, but I didn't.  I won't actually get that test until week 28.  So, we checked the heart beat and my general health!  So far, I've gained 15 pounds!  My blood pressure's good the baby's heart rate is 150 bpm!  We talked about my weight gain and though the doctor said I was on the higher side of weight gain-she wasn't ready to tell me to diet!  CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?!  I'm on the HIGH side of weight gain?  That makes me giggle!  She did tell me I needed to do better about eating vegetables and being more reasonable about my sweet tooth!  :)

It was amazing hearing the heart beat again!  We've been spoiled with the number of sonograms we've had-so even though we were disappointed that this wasn't a sono appointment, it was so reassuring to hear that strong heartbeat!  She found it right away so we didn't have that second of anticipatory terror! 

The only annoying thing about the appointment was the Lab Corp technician that works in the office.  We got in to our appointment late and needed some bloodwork done.  The technician wouldn't do the bloodwork because she had "closed" 6 minutes ago.  And, she was nasty about it too.  :(  Oh well, I went this morning to a Lab Corp out here and actually had a great experience with their techs!  They even gave me a silly Crayon band aid.  :) 

After our OB appointment, we met up with the Olexias for dinner at Cheesecake Factory and walked around the mall a little before we headed back!  It was a great night and we enjoyed hanging out with them.  :) 

Our next sonogram will be in a couple weeks and we'll be able to determine the gender of this little baby!  :) 

1 comments:

Baby Kry said...

Every appointment is so special! Glad you had a good visit with the olexia's..a bit jealous! We want to hang out with all of you! Lots of love to you guys!