CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHEW! LONG update!

Well, hello! Long time no update! I'll try to bring everyone up to speed from our last post. Over spring break, while we were in California, I took a pregnancy test. It was negative. I took one the next day it was positive! I took another one immediately and it was positive! And, every day for the rest of the week I took one and it was positive!!! Our bloodwork appointment was April 13 and we got confirmation that we were pregnant!! :) We were very nervous about publicizing too much information too early. So we decided to wait a little while. We did tell our families immediately and had our private celebrations. :) Because we got pregnant through IVF, we had to go back two more times for more bloodwork...confirmed pregnancy! This brings us to our first sonogram!



A week after we confirmed our pregnancy, we went to Shady Grove for our first sonogram! When you look at the picture, do you see the image that resembles a diamond ring? Well, the diamond part of that is our baby! They told us that the heartbeat was strong and that the baby looked perfect! We were pretty stoked. At that point, our due date was around December 21, and at week 6.




Today, which marks week 8, we had our second sonogram! In this picture, if you look for the image in the little circle...you can see that the head has formed!!! Today's appointment was a big one! We were given our final instructions from our fertility clinic and released to our OBGYN!!! Today, our due date was moved to December 16. Alisa told us that our due date will continue to change! :)



So, officially, we are pregnant and expecting a little one in December! :) Thank you for all the prayers and support from our friends and family!!! :)


Our next step will be to meet with our doctor, for the first time, on May 20. We have decided to deliver at Anne Arundel Medical Center, in Annapolis, MD. Our doctor is highly recommended! We are looking forward to meeting her in a couple weeks!


As for the progress, for me...I've been really lucky! So far, I've been moody, exhausted, constantly hungry, some acne problems (GRRRREAT), parts of me are growing A LOT ( :) ), and I'm gaining weight! :) Because I am normally such a small person, the weight gain on me is fairly startling. :) I can only wear a couple of my regular pants...and I already have two pairs of maternity pants. :) It's all tummy fat right now...but my body is definitely loving the food I'm putting into it. Food cravings are pretty nice: pickles, vegetables, FRUIT... Thanks to Kris, I'm eating really healthy, and quite often. :)


So...I'll continue to update the blog at least once a week and once I get into the second trimester-I'll post pics of me and my baby bump! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kris and Jen - Mom and Dad:
We are so EXCITED, can't think of anything to say.....:) - Pap and Gram think the eyes are brown and he/she will have brown hair. Taking bets on if we will be right. So much has gone on these past few months, the MIRACLE has happened. So happy for the two of you - words can't express our happiness for the two of you. We love you both - see you soon.....
Gram and Pap Pap Nodi

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Great news guys.....is there any doubt the child will have dark hair and beautifully golden olive skin, just like his/her Dad....I mean Mom. Good luck guys.

Ryan and Molly

Baby Kry said...

We are thrilled for you guys! I think I took my first belly picture of our miracle at 8 weeks. I thought I was huge. Oh what is to come my dear!!! Enjoy every moment and document all of it. We can't wait to link your blog!! We love you three!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I can't wait to hear more in the months to come! CONGRATULATIONS!