CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

8 weeks

I blinked and all of a sudden our baby is 8 weeks old!  WOAH! We've had a full week...

  • We have been looking for a new car.  Kris has been researching and test driving a bunch of family cars.  We have it narrowed down and (as I type this) Kris is going to Annapolis to see a car we are considering.  He has done an AMAZING job reading reviews and exploring lots of different options.  I think we are down to three cars:  Nissan Murano, Acura CX-9, and Ford Edge.  I've driven the Murano and CX-9 but not the Edge yet.  I was really surprised how comfy the Murano was!!!  So...hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have a better family car!  :)
  • Anne sat in her Bumbo for the first time!  I can't believe she is already able to do that!  She's not a HUGE fan of it yet, but I think she is starting to enjoy the freedom! 
  • She is becoming obsessed with sucking on hands and fingers.  :)  We don't want her to get into thumb sucking, but it sure is cute to watch her explore!  She also likes tasting our arms, chin, and whatever body part happens to be nearby!  She even tried to get a stuffed animal in her mouth!  :) 
  • I had my first OB appointment since the delivery.  I checked out just fine.  I've lost 25 pounds so far...I am aiming to lose another 30....oh gosh that sounds harder now that I've written it down.  I got the OK to start exercising, which is good.  Everything checked out fine in my appointment.  They didn't have an answer to why I had hemorrhaged so bad after delivery and don't know if I will have complications next time we deliver. 
  • We went up to see the Olexia's new baby girl, Lilian Jane!  They were in the SAME postpartum room we were in!  How weird is that?  Lily is absolutely gorgeous...and I couldn't believe that our little Anne had been that tiny just 8 weeks ago! 
  • Anne's been finding a schedule these days and that is helping me out a lot.  I'm starting to be able to get things done and make plans.  We did have some concern on Saturday, though.  She slept from 11:30 Friday night-3:30 Saturday afternoon.  She woke up when she was hungry...but that was it.  I made my first pediatrician call!  They were really helpful and she is fine.  Everyone was telling me that it was a growth spurt.  We were worried that she might not sleep Saturday night and that we were in for a rough night...but she slept just fine!  At night, she sleeps 4-5 hours between feedings.  
  • She has started reacting to smiles!  She will usually smile back when we smile at her.  She also reacts with smiles if we do something she likes.  Kris was giving her kisses on her ear and she just loved that!  She had big smiles! 
  • She is also starting to react to toys.  Sometimes she tries to reach for them, but can't quite figure that out.  She has started hitting at toys.  If you move a noisy toy in front of her, she'll follow it with her eyes. 
  • She also follows Kris and I if we leave a room.  It's neat to see her head and eyes follow along as one of us leaves! 
  • I've been using our video monitor during the day naps this week.  This monitor is awesome....if you are ever looking for one, I highly recommend the Summer Video Monitor. 
  • She's also starting to make lots of new little noises!  They are sooo cute! 
Check out our picture website to see more pics/videos. 

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

It's amazing how fast they change and grow! Our babes are about the same age as yours (adjusted for their prematurity), and it sounds like they are at a similar developmental stage. Lots of finger sucking and social smiles! I'm just not doing as good a job at writing it down like you!

Baby Kry said...

I can't believe she is 8 weeks already! Wow! That is great that she is sleeping a bit more at night for you. Oh how 5 hours is an amazing amount of sleep after getting just 2-3. We can't wait to meet her. Have fun car shopping!