CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

2 months old

What a way for Anne to "celebrate" her 2 month birthday!  ...

  • We had to go to the pediatrician this morning because she has a diaper rash that won't go away.  It looks pretty bad and she was in pain.  She spent most of yesterday either screaming or sleeping on my chest.  Turns out she has a Strep infection.  :(  I feel horrible.  I know diaper rashes are a common occurence...but I still feel horrible.  After the rash clears up, I am going to do things very differently with her bum.  Thankfully, she has stopped screaming in pain.  We've temporarily discountined using wipes and Desitin.  We are using a squirt bottle of water, wet wash cloth, Vaseline, and a special ointment from the doctor...and at least 2 hours of NBT (naked bottom time).  Our doctor also gave her some antibiotics... I never knew there was so much to babies bums!  In any case, now I know...   At her appointment this morning, she weighed in at 12 pounds 5 ounces.  She did have a shirt and pants on, though...
  • So....yesterday was a rough day for me.  Anne was doing pretty good until about 11AM.  And then from 11 AM-the end of the day, she was miserable.  She cried/screamed whenever she was awake.  She would only sleep on my chest or in my arms.  She would wake up screaming if I put her down.  By the time Kris got home from work I was close to a meltdown.  Then the night brought more excitement.  During her late night and middle of the night diaper changes, she soaked through a changing pad, a couple receiving blankets, TWO sleepers, and spit up all over another one.  And then...in the middle of the night I woke up to Oreo throwing up on the bed right next to me.  So...we had to change the ENTIRE bedding, including the mattress pad.  And then of course...we had to be up and out of the houes by 8:45 AM for her pediatrician appointment.  I'm definitely going to need a power nap today.  
  • On a positive note, she's been enjoying looking at books and toys.  She sometimes will hit her activity mat toys.  She has been able to grab her pacifier...but I don't think she really knows what she is doing with it.  :)  She's also been smiling a whole heck of a lot!  She'll smile in response to our smiles, if she likes something we do...and when we walk into the room.  She can sit in her bumbo...but she doesn't like to do so for very long.  She's still building up those neck muscles!  She does love to roll over!  She can roll from tummy to back and recently she has been trying to roll back to tummy.  She's been making lots of cute little noises...we sometimes have nice little "conversations."  She also has started to respond to me sticking my tongue out at her-she'll stick hers out at me in response!  HA!  She also loves her pacifier!  She sometimes gets so excited that she grunts and pumps her hands and legs!  And she LOVES LOVES LOVES sucking on her hands! 
  • Physically, she's getting pretty sturdy.  Her legs are really strong.  Her eyelashes has gotten SO long, thick and black!  They are gorgeous!!!  Her eyes are starting to darken.  Her belly button, which has been an outie since her umbilical cord fell off has gone in considerably!  Her hair has gotten long and thick enough that I need to comb it after her bath! 
  • We have been slowly establishing a good routine.  I've been keeping a spreadsheet (color coded by category OF COURSE) that tracks her sleep, eating, and awake periods.  I feel like we are getting into a good rhythm.  She tends to follow the same nap schedule every day and "enjoys" our activity times. 
  • Kris is looking at cars, as I type this.  He's been working himself into the ground trying to get the perfect car...I hope he finds it so he can get some R&R soon!  I think it's down to the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge...

4 comments:

Baby Kry said...

You poor thing. I do remember those days and I still have those days! Nystatin is a great prescription cream for butt rash, usually more of a yeast. I hope her butt feels better. Also we have had lots of luck using "butt paste" you can find it anywhere. I hope her bum feels better and you get some rest. it is so important to your sanity :)

Mountain Mama said...

Oh geez... Hang in there! You are not alone- everyone has days like these (believe me!!!).

I'm sure you will get lots of unsolicited advice, so feel free to take it or leave it... I will NOT use any sort of scented wipes at ALL. Even the wipes they use in the hospital don't say "scented," but they ARE, and our boys had a couple rashes when we were still using those! I try to buy "sensitive" wipes. We love A&D ointment for every day use- Desitin seems too strong and messy.

Try to enjoy the smiles and the coos. :)

aqbrooks said...

So sorry about her bottom! Liam had a really horrible diaper rash too! It was hard doing NBT with a boy and also in January! I hope she feels better! Liam's got so bad the pediatrician told us not to use anything - just run his bottom under a faucet (which is oh-so-practical, I know) which we only did a few days, but I think it did help. After his horrible rash a friend told me that she puts the clear Desitin or A&D ointment or something like that on each diaper change to act as a moisture barrier. I think that helps a lot. We tried the clear Desitin but most of the time just use the Target brand because it's cheaper and works just as well :) Whenever we feel like a rash might be coming on we put that heavy-duty Desitin on for a day or so and it's gone! Love that stuff!

Donna said...

You poor gal! You'll have these days, and thank goodness you have Kris to give you a break when he gets home.

As for the bum issues, we never used butt cream on any of our four girls unless they got a rash. If they kept getting rashes, we switched brands of diaper. What worked for us were Pampers diapers (regular ones or the special ones) and Target or Pampers sensitive wipes. With the super sensitive skin in our house, we didn't mind paying more if we had to. You'll find the perfect combination for your little one, too. It's a process, and you're doing a great job at trouble-shooting. :D

Good luck with the new car! Make sure you plan to have one that will hold the number of children you plan to have, plus one. Trust me. lol We got caught with a sedan and a third child on the way.