CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

so....what's worse than being sick when you're pregnant and can't take any medicine?

...breastfeeding while sick (so no meds) WITH a sick baby at the same time.  Good gracious.... The good thing is that I think we're almost through it.  The last few nights were very rough with Anne waking up very often screaming and crying.  We did go to the pediatrician who said that she had A LOT of wax in her ears and lots of fluid but it wasn't infected...so we're just continuing with the Baby Vicks, saline drops, humidifier, and nighttime baths.  We discovered quickly that the nose bulb SUCKS...not literally though because that's the problem.  It's great if you just need to get a couple "friends"...but not when she's sick.  We've had to hold her down and are only minimally successful in clearing her nose.  So...I looked online to see if there was a trick to this stupid bulb...all the "tricks" were for inactive babies.  Anne is NOT inactive...she doesn't stop moving.  And then I came across a genius invention:  Electric Nasal Aspirator.  So.  I ordered THIS one from Amazon but it was taking too long so I got THIS one from Target.  The one from Target works but the suction power is pretty low.  The one from Amazon seems to have better suction power... 

Side note...at her pediatrician appointment they weighed and measured her. 
Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz
Height: 25 1/2 inches

1 comments:

Baby Kry said...

Oh i am so with you!!! I forgot how much fun it is to be sick while prego..no meds! Running after a toddler lightheaded and just wanting to sit is the worst. I am feeling for you my dar..glad you are on the upswing. The only booger sucker we found that worked were the big green ones from the hospital. I'll have to check out the ones you found! As for using them that is a two man job!